Banks here in the Philippines provide millions of OFWs options to WHERE to save their money for future use. Saving money is very much important not just for overseas workers but also those people who are working locally.
Here are the best savings accounts to open in the Philippines for OFWs:
1. BDO – Kabayan Savings Account
- The initial deposit is only P 100.00 for peso account and $ 100.00 for dollar account.
- Free life and accident insurance
- Earn BDO Reward points from your savings and remittance
Note to Seafarers: Seafarers employed by POEA- accredited shipping companies may open a BDO Kabayan Shipping Dollar Account where they can directly credit their allotment.
Only $10 initial deposit, one (1) valid ID with picture, one (1) 1×1 ID pictures and a valid seaman’s book are needed to open an account.
2. BPinoy Savings Account
- No initial deposit required
- Cashless shopping via the Express Payment System (EPS) at accredited establishments nationwide
- BPI Mobile Banking to monitor account balance, transfer funds, paybills or reload cellphones through BPI ATMs, BPI Phone Banking, BPI Online Banking through cellphone
3. Metrobank OFW Peso Savings Account
- No initial deposit
- Interest rate – Interest earning of 0.25% per year
- Balance to earn interest minimum of P10,000
Requirement to open an account:
- One valid government issued ID
4. PNB OFW Peso Account
- Account balance should be minimum P10,000 or $500 for dollar account
- 24/7 ATM access through PNB, Megalink, Bancnet, and ExpressNet ATMs nationwide